Welcome to The Joint - Downey! As your local chiropractor in Downey, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Downey chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
A Los Angeles native, Dr. Vich studied biology at the California State University of Fullerton with the original intention of becoming an oncologist. During his undergraduate years, Dr. Vich realized he is most passionate about preventative medicine – helping patients create a healthy lifestyle to stop disease before it develops. Consequently, after receiving his bachelor’s, he went on to earn his doctorate in chiropractic from the Southern California University of Health Sciences.
Dr. Vich is convicted of a healthy body’s ability to repair itself, and successfully works with the body’s natural processes to help restore it to homeostasis. He believes in The Joint’s mission of recommending routine chiropractic adjustments to maintain and optimize health. In addition to performing chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Vich enjoys educating his patients and empowering them to develop the habits they need to lead a healthy lifestyle. . .
To ensure he remains informed of the latest scientific developments in his field, Dr. Vich frequently studies research and attends conferences on neuroscience, immunology, and endocrinology. Because he is so passionate about helping others improve their health and wellbeing, Dr. Vich strongly believes in the importance of applying these same principles in his own life.
Dr. Tonika McDanie
Dr. Tonika McDaniel is a native of Los Angeles, California her moto is to assist families and individuals in living a life of Health and Wellness through Chiropractic Care. She specializes in pregnancy and pediatrics, and it is something she enjoys. Dr. Tonika firmly believes along with The Joint that routine chiropractic care is a way to optimal health.
As far as her educational background, she attended Grambling State University and received a Bachelor's of Science in Biology in 1996. Her initial plan was to become a pediatrician, although during her junior year there she attended an internship at Life Chiropractic University. There she learned about chiropractic care and the philosophy and science behind it, which states that the power that made the body heals the body. After her internship she decided to become a chiropractor. Dr. Tonika then furthered her education at Cleveland Chiropractic College in Los Angeles and received a Doctorate of Chiropractic Degree in 2001. Along with her chiropractic degree she has taken over 100 hours in other chiropractic specialties. These specialties would include muscle and postural work along with pregnancy and pediatrics.
To stay abreast in her field Dr. Tonika attends yearly chiropractic conferences that are based on the most current research, current events and adjusting technique styles. For her love of what she does with chiropractic care she stays consistent in improving herself and living this lifestyle. In return she has the ability to deliver the best care to the patients she serves.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Downey chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- May 25, 2016saraYou see them advertised everywhere you look – air fresheners are in right now. The commercials make you paranoid about how your house smells – are you not smelling what your guests might? So, you buy some air freshener and bam! Problem solved. But is that really the truth? There’s a deep, dark secret behind ...
- May 19, 2016saraCooking for yourself can be fun, and it’s definitely the healthiest way to go. After all, you can control what goes into everything you make and that’s really important. But there are certain ingredients that people still cook with regularly that need to be avoided. Here are a few ingredients you need to say adios to ...
- May 11, 2016saraSummer is here, and with it comes the very direct rays of the sun! Sun is good for you, helping your body to produce Vitamin D and just generally helping you to feel good, but you have to take precautions to protect your skin from some of the more harmful aspects of the sun. The ...
- May 5, 2016saraEveryone knows that a balanced diet means eating fresh fruits and vegetables – just think about how many times you’ve heard that in your life! There’s a good reason the idea of fruits and veggies has persisted. They’re natural, they come front plants and they’re unprocessed – what can be bad? What about the sugar? ...
- April 28, 2016saraThere are certainly home remedies that are backed up by science and can help to heal you, but for every home remedy that is good, there is one that isn’t so good. Some home remedies aren’t merely useless, they’re downright dangerous and can make what you’re trying to treat worse. Here are a few home ...
- April 22, 2016saraThere has been some debate over the years as to whether soy is good for you or not. Some people consider it a health food; others make it sound as bad as poison. So, which is it? While there have literally been thousands of studies done on soy, the jury is still out on its ...
- April 15, 2016saraThere’s a lot of advice out there for expectant mothers, and it can be overwhelming. Don’t get overloaded and just ignore every piece of advice that comes your way! There are some very simple rules you can follow to ensure good health while your little bun is baking in the oven. Here are three rules ...
- April 8, 2016saraThe type of oil you cook with may have a bigger impact on your health than you ever realized. There are oils you should use to cook and bake with and others that may actually be health hazards. Here’s what you need to know about cooking oils – the good, the bad and the really ...
- March 24, 2016saraHave you noticed this oddly shaped fruit in your local grocery store? It’s fairly new and if you’re sick of the same old fruit then you may need to add star fruit to your new fruit list. It has several benefits and even some potential risks that you need to learn about. Read on to ...